Thursday 3 April 2008

The Blue Butterfly


On Synchronicity:

Today once again was thinking about the "little worm" (the semi-serious definition of "true self" that I came up with during one of my debates on Rupoint) and how it's transformation into first a chrysalis then a butterfly resembles the stages of human transformation or "hero's journey". For the past few days I have been growing certain that I've entered a "chrysalis stage" – introverted, thoughtful, waiting for things to take their course. Then I started to think about a butterfly – the image didn't mean much to me, no reference. I drawn a few pictures of a butterfly, thinking I should look for butterfly images and see if they prompt something. I moved onto other things and remembered later that I wanted to google Martha Beck. From her site I got a link to her new book, contemplated purchasing it, then downloaded .pdf worksheets for the book I found on Audible. It wasn't until at least an hour later, when I was busy with something else that a striking similarity between the butterfly No 2 I've drawn and the image on the cover of Martha's book hit home. To add insult to the injury, she uses the image of a butterfly in her personal logo: http://www.marthabeck.com/img/nav_logo.gif.

Synchronicity at work, no more no less.

I really don't want to venture into this territory after what had happened in November 2002. It was an extremely painful experience both for me and for Malysh and I have no intention of going through it again. Yet I can't quite accept it as just a "bipolar manic episode", as long as there is a slightest possibility of a different explanation. I accidentally pushed a wrong button in my brain and something misfired. But what if I can actually learn how to push the "right" buttons?

No comments: